Proven Results – 16 yrs Specializing in Employment & Discrimination Litigation.
I lead our Employment Law practice at Henderson Law Group, bringing 16 years' experience in general & employment law litigation. Admitted to practice law in WA State WSBA# 33567 (2003-present) and federal U.S. Dist. Ct. for W. Dist. of WA (2014-present). No history of disciplinary action.
Our focus is mainly Plaintiff's work, representing employees enduring harassment, retaliation, discrimination from their current or former employer. We are committed to helping maintain a workplace that is not only free from discrimination, but where employees are paid what they have earned under the law.
I am retained by a handful of small-midsize local employers, advising on maintaining policies and procedures that help to prevent discrimination and harassment in the workplace, drafting/revising employee handbooks, counseling through the legal landmines of effective firing/hiring practices, employee FMLA leave, reasonable accommodation of employees with disabilities, presenting preventative "Appropriate Employee Behavior" seminars to employers/HR departments, and much more…
SHOULDER-TO-SHOULDER WITH EVERY CLIENT
I witness mistakes every day made by high volume law firms in taking on too many clients – dividing each case among several overworked attorneys assigned to manage one part of the case; typically not included in the big picture of who the client is and what the client wants as a “win.” We do things differently.
I take a more holistic approach to each client's case…and my results speak for themselves. Personally working every case end-to-end: issue-spotting all viable WA State & federal legal claims from client's facts, exhaustive case-specific legal research, crafting a compelling & well-supported case theme, followed by detailed persuasive briefing including a comprehensive demand with nationwide comparators of damages awarded in cases similar to our client's. I purposefully maintain a Plaintiff’s caseload of 20 or fewer clients, referring many potential clients to my peers.
My proven personal strategy is to take a deeper dive into fewer cases. Our brand of wrap-around client compassion & expert legal strategy tailored to each client’s specific facts, results in a proven track record of exceptional outcomes for our clients.
Dedicated to anti-oppression & equal rights advocacy, including serving as elected Chair of Women United Thurston County and on the Board of Directors for SafePlace Olympia (24-hour Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault advocacy & confidential safehouse shelter).
In hiring our law firm to represent you, your objective is the same as ours – to deliver the results you need in a cost-effective manner. We have a proven track record of success in a broad variety of employment disputes. Each client’s case is unique. No two cases will result in the same outcome each time – even with similar facts and similar claims. Many times the resolution of a client’s claims involve both financial and non-financial remedies (depending on what our client is seeking). Non-confidential accomplishments (and news stories covering those results) are below.
Snapshot of recent results (list is not exhaustive):
- $837,500.00 settlement won against private employer for claims of sexual assault and workplace sexual harassment against my client’s former employer.
- $300,000.00 settlement won against private WA employer – federal ADA & WA State WLAD/RCW 49.60 claims, incl. disability discrimination and discrimination based on gender (pregnancy), failing to accommodate my client’s disability (epilepsy); retaliation for her bringing complaints of retaliation and discrimination. https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article185003463.html
- $105,000.00 settlement won against WA State agency on behalf of our client, former union shop steward of state agency. Claims included whistleblower retaliation and wrongful termination.
- Other $100,000.00+ settlements for claims of workplace gender harassment, age discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination in violation of public policy, constructive discharge, and other claims.
- $350,000.00 settlement won against private WA employer – male employer/supervisor harassing male employee. Claims under WA Law Against Discrimination (WLAD)/RCW 49.60: hostile work environment, retaliation, disparate treatment discrimination (disability).
- $250,000.00 settlement won against WA State agency – female employer/supervisor harassing male employee. Claims under WLAD/RCW 49.60: hostile work environment, retaliation, disparate treatment discrimination; wrongful termination in violation of public policy.
- $197,000.00 settlement won against WA State agency – female employer/supervisor harassing female employee. Claims under WLAD/RCW 49.60: hostile work environment, retaliation, disparate treatment discrimination (disability).
- $350,000.00 settlement won against Lewis County (sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination in violation of public policy):
- $335,000.00 settlement won against WA State (disability discrimination, hostile work environment, retaliation).
- Story on King5 News: https://www.king5.com/video/news/local/women-employees-are-victims-of-mental-abuse-in-office-of-minority-womens-business-enterprises/281-2314746
- $175,000.00 settlement won against Morton General Hospital (religious discrimination, wrongful termination in violation of public policy, retaliation).
We have successfully represented individuals in many areas of employment law, including:
- Age Discrimination
- Failure to accommodate a disability
- National Origin
- Racial Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Severance Agreements & Releases
- Retention of Employee Benefits Upon Termination
- Wrongful Discharge
There is no fee for an initial consultation with our law firm. We look forward to meeting you!
- Gonzaga University Law School - Juris Doctor - 2002 (Four-time recipient of the CALI award for earning the top grade in a law school course)
- University of Washington - Bachelor of Arts (3.8 G.P.A.). - 1998
- Washington State Bar Association
- Thurston County Bar Association
- EAGLE Member of WA State Association for Justice
- WA State Employment Law Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Awarded National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Plaintiff Attorneys in United States (2019) – www.thenationaltriallawyers.org/ntl-groups/top-100-trial-lawyers/
- Awarded "Avvo Client’s Choice Award" (2019)
- Awarded "10 Best Labor & Employment Attorneys in WA State" by AILC (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Awarded "40 Under Forty" top professionals by Puget Sound Business Examiner (2016)
- Awarded “South Sound Exceptional Woman” by Soroptimists International (2017)
- Awarded “Best Legal Oralist” in the Linden Cup appellate competition (2001)
- Awarded “Best Brief Writer” in the National Moot Court regional appellate law competition (2001)
"Stephanie is one of those rare individuals who loves what she does and it is contagious to those around her."
"She is passionate, thoughtful and she holds herself to a higher standard. As a client, you instantly know that she will do everything in her power to help you be successful. As a co-worker, she will push you to keep up with her and as a friend, she is a valued confidante."
"Trust, Integrity, Drive and Passion; these words describe Stephanie."