Stephanie Henderson Stocker
Specializing in: Employment Law, Estate Planning, Personal Injury, Probate
Stephanie is an experienced attorney who leads our Employment Law practice at Henderson Law Group, representing both employees and employers. Stephanie brings over fifteen years of proven success for her clients through contract negotiation, mediation, and litigation.
Stephanie worked full-time for two years during law school as a Rule 9 licensed attorney in the Employment Litigation Practice at the Spokane law firm, Paine Hamblen. She was then honored to serve as legal clerk to Chief Justice Gerry Alexander of the WA State Supreme Court before joining the Seattle law firm of Carney Badley Spellman, where she focused her practice in the Employment Law and Litigation practice groups. Stephanie joined Henderson Law Group in 2013 and has since represented many clients in high profile cases that have been featured in television news reports and articles in print. She has been recognized for excellence in her law practice as well as for her community service.
EMPLOYEES: The majority of Stephanie’s employment law practice is Plaintiff’s work, representing employees enduring harassment, retaliation and/or discrimination from their employer. We are committed to helping maintain a workplace that is not only free from discrimination, but where employees are paid what they have earned under the law.
EMPLOYERS: Stephanie represents several employers, advising them on maintaining policies and procedures that help to prevent discrimination and harassment in the workplace, drafting/revising employee handbooks, counseling through the legal landmines of effective firing/hiring practices, employee FMLA leave, reasonable accommodation of employees with disabilities, presenting preventative "Appropriate Employee Behavior" seminars to employers/HR departments, and much more…
The common thread throughout Stephanie’s career is her sincere and dedicated approach to client relationships. This is evident also in her community volunteerism, currently serving as Chair-Elect of Women United Thurston County (www.unitedway.org/women-united/women-united-our-impact) and on the Executive Board of Directors for SafePlace Olympia (www.safeplaceolympia.org).
To read client reviews of Stephanie and learn more about her approach to success on cases, visit here: Stephanie Stocker Avvo.com Profile
There is no fee for an initial consultation with our law firm. We look forward to meeting you!
- State of Washington - 2003
- Gonzaga University Law School - Juris Doctor - 2002 (Four-time recipient of the CALI award for earning the top grade in a law school course)
- University of Washington - Bachelor of Arts (3.8 G.P.A.). - 1998
- Washington State Bar Association
- Thurston County Bar Association
- EAGLE Member of WA State Association for Justice
- WA State Employment Law Association
- Awarded "10 Best Labor & Employment Attorneys in WA State" by AILC (2016, 2017)
- Awarded "40 Under Forty" top professionals by Puget Sound Business Examiner (2016)
- Awarded “South Sound Exceptional Woman” by Soroptimists International (2017)
- Awarded “Best Legal Oralist” in the Linden Cup appellate competition (2001)
- Awarded “Best Brief Writer” in the National Moot Court regional appellate law competition (2001)
Stephanie is one of those rare individuals who loves what she does and it is contagious to those around her.
She is passionate, thoughtful and she holds herself to a higher standard. As a client, you instantly know that she will do everything in her power to help you be successful. As a co-worker, she will push you to keep up with her and as a friend, she is a valued confidante.
Trust, Integrity, Drive and Passion; these words describe Stephanie.
- Genie Tower (Director of Operations at 110 Consulting)